iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Taming the Shrew… or at least your local O/6

(March 9) I took the boss to the CSH the other day for a dental check up. It was nice getting out of the office. I think she actually enjoyed it too even if it was a trip to the dentist. I think I’ve figured out the secret to managing her so she can better manage us. We are actually working very well together as a whole and being productive as a team. We even went out for dinner to a real Iraqi restaurant. The food was outstanding. I never realized how much I needed a break from the DFAC. It was like a real dinner outing. I almost forgot we were in a “war-zone.” This was just a normal night out with friends; real silverware and real plates. We even paid money. What an odd concept - Amazing. It was so much fun, as a matter of fact; she now wants to go on more “team building” field trips. More impressive still is she trusts us enough that she took half a day off for the first time since coming into theater (She’s been here a long time.) Things are finally settling in. Then I get the news. When she told me I am moving it hit me like ton of bricks. I got the job I spoke about earlier.

I am both excited and sad. It took a while but I actually figured out what my current boss wanted and needed to succeed. And I just got the schedule sorted for all of us to have one day a week off. Oh well… Needs of the Service - Next!

No comments: