iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fair Winds and Following Seas…

On my arrival here at HQ I was introduced to Mr. BUA (One LTjg Navy Type) and subsequently informed (after the fact) he was to be my sponsor, at least for the rest of my initiation. This was the beginning of a profound friendship both adversarial and supportive in nature. (Just for the record Mr. BUA’s name comes from his tireless often times thankless job; The Battle Update Assessment.) Though here only four months, he was wise enough to guide me in certain directions and provide coverage from things a green-horn couldn’t begin to comprehend. And while he tried his best to assist me in the ways of this new world, he also quickly became aware of just how much a handful I actually am - as in a lot. For his patience I will always be grateful. Thank you Mr. BUA for a job well done… I couldn’t have had a better sponsor.
Today was the last day of his 6 month tour and its time for me to say farewell to yet another shipmate and friend. I will miss our MidRat debates - our high-brow discussions over low-brow marketing techniques and profit vs. art. I will miss the long “laughing till we turn blue” conversations over the observations of folks who, while at war, are really not at war at all. I will definately miss the many back and forth references to Joe vs. the Volcano. "Where is my head? Where is my head?..." And I will miss the way you just make fun of my Wile E Coyote impersonation: Running out in the lead - sprinting off the cliff - turning back in sudden realization of my mistakes - holding up a “Yikes!” sign - and then waving as I shoot to the earth to the inevitable sound of “Poof”. Fair Winds and Following Seas Mr. BUA – Our paths will cross again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip home Mr. BUA.

monster's mom said...

Mr Bua,
You Lucky bastard you! When are you going to fly to LA and hang out with Miss Sonya? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hollywood! You and I will meet, if only to drink coffee LOL

Have no fear, the Admiral did support my idea of sending him back as soon as he pisses me off. Give him a couple of days.

Hugs to you all!

Brat