iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

What difference does a day make?

Another long day… When I say day, what I really mean it was a long continuous set of hours. More than 60 continuous hours of waking time dispersed with an hour or two of sleep here and there. Whether it’s the constant "emergencies” of my inconsistent and complicated schedule, continuous explosions and helo’s flying close hulled just above the hooch, roommates erratic sleep patterns, or whatever I have just had another very long day. I wish it made time go by faster but that’s not the case. It just drags on very slowly and the meetings feel like they span a weeks time. If I was in combat and all my fellow battle buddies were in the same madness, perhaps I’d understand the reasoning a bit more, but these long days and hours are mine alone and more of an effect of inefficient resource management than anything. Regardless it makes it difficult to find any sort of routine. The one habit I am trying to develop, in case you haven’t noticed, is updating this blog on a regular basis. But days like this make it difficult. So when you notice a delay in my publishing a new entry I ask for your patience … I’m probably having a LONG day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Meow, meow, meow... my days are too long. Lovebreed, there's no crying in blogging - wait, that's baseball. You are fine; it turns out there is a great deal of crying in blogging. But still, in the immortal words of the big infantry man whose head will one day explode out of frustration of dealing with pa weenies, "sleep is for the weak." Just ask captain Kj.

So enough of this being Eeyore you soft, corporate hollywood, latte drinking, exploiting the creative masses, selling hegemony, marketing guru. and remember, big smile, big smile