iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

FREEDOM!!! Or Sleep does a body good…

So this is what a rested soul feels like. Remove cobwebs from brain… Last night I went home early and this morning I actually got to sleep in… 6 hours of sleep - OUTSTANDING! For the past couple of weeks I worked in my new position (the one that keeps me up all hours) and due to a lack of depth I had to continue doing a few of my prior responsibilities from before. One of these jobs was the morning brief "broadcaster" for the Commanding General. Essentially I read a script over a mic and lots of folks including senior leadership listen. Obviously it’s a high visibility job and it was sold to me on the idea that it was good for my career but in actual fact I was tasked because of my radio experience from a past life and for some reason no one wants it. I think they are afraid of the Four star. I thought it was sort of fun and most folks read the script in a monotone voice without much inflection but I read it like the broadcast journalist that I once was because - well - it is news and honestly I don’t want to bore myself to tears as I read. Problem? Well this task takes place first thing in the morning. My other work keeps me here till all hours of the night. Hmmm – conflict of time? This makes me a bit inefficient, tired and all around a rough individual to deal with (Hence the reason a couple of friends are calling me an evil combination of Eeyore and Tigger). It also keeps me from doing any personal business such as laundry, picking up the hooch, SLEEPING! But suddenly there is a light – I don’t have to read anymore. Someone else has taken the reigns from me. I spose having a surly cantankerous reader was becoming counter-productive for the team.

3 comments:

residentlush said...

Oh no...Breedlove as a disk jockey. Is anyone else out there getting a visual image of Adrian Cronauer (aka Robin Williams) from "Good Morning, Vietnam"? ;)

monster's mom said...

That's hot...!

Zetty said...

Did they fire you for playing too much Skinny Puppy?