iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

And it's the Calvary to the rescue…

Today I got some help. No - not the sort of psych help many of you think I need, although I may be a candidate. I have a new team mate. I am tasked with standing up a new branch for our division and for the past couple of weeks; it's been my Senior Officer, me, myself, and I. Today we became three. Together she and I set the priorities of our agenda. First order of business? Which day are we going to rotate taking off? (My new team mate is a one non-military contractor type. This is what she brings to the team.) See, my priorities are obviously in check I don’t need psych treatment. I guess she and others just think I need R&R.

Everyone keeps asking me "how's my morale?", or "when did I last sleep?", or "Wow! Do you always just look like crap?" hmmm… starting to get the subtle idea that perhaps I look a little worn. Funny thing is, ever since I received the tasked to build something (standing up a new branch) I've actually been internally energized – Mr. CRM has marching orders. (Joe you know the look.) I may look bleary eyed, out of sorts, and somewhat disheveled but I have a goal. Besides out here looks are overrated anyway. Maybe I've gotten used to going long intervals with little or no sleep or maybe I've finally returned to my old familiar insomniac stride. And maybe still I just got tired of looking at the days on my calendar going by WAY to slowly. Whatever it is I'm coming to terms with where I am and what I'm doing. (I'm also sure my battle buddies will inform me its week x and I'm still tracking to some type of predictable mental/physical pattern.) Regardless, it's great to have the additional energy of someone else (esp. a non-military profiteering type I can really identify with) to share the triumphs and pitfalls of planning and development. Wonder how long it will take before people start asking her "How's your morale?", "When did you last sleep?" "What's it like working with Hollywood?" etc…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovebreed, you now have one of the best contractors on your team. Don't ruin her all at once. And stop looking at your calendar! Joe gets to the volcano when the time is right. Mr Bua will now go do nothing until it is time for coffee and pie.