iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Monday, February 19, 2007

Can someone kill that damn rooster?!?

This morning I wake to a battle somewhere in Baghdad. According to Major General Abboud, Farhd al-Qanoon, also known as the Baghdad Security Plan, is now officially in effect. I'm guessing the series of coordinated "boofs" followed up by rolling syncopated booms is artillery. It's too organized to be anything else. I've never really heard organized artillery so this is sort of cool… (Wil - eat your heart out) The thunder lulls me back to sleep… It's the "Incoming" alert that wakes me again - Funny how this agitates me more than the actual explosion of a rocket or mortar. It sets in motion an anticipation of events rather than events just happening. Once you hear the booms its pretty much over. Waiting for something that may never come… that’s antagonizing. We get the "all clear" a few minutes later. Sure enough - nothing.

No comments: