iraq news politics war terrorism terrorists insurgent cnn soldier sailor navy army marine mortar gun bomb attack iran middle east

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Leave it to my sister to brighten my day with frustrations…

Today I received three very large packages from home. They contained all sorts of cookies and brownies from my sister. This is a birthday surprise. She cooked some tiny cookies with my mom a month ago and noted that the quarter sized cookies were not adequate for soldiers in Baghdad and decided I needed large cookies. This is reasonable I suppose. Large cookies! OK no problem but what I thought that meant was a couple maybe a dozen 2 to 3 inch diameter cookies. What the hell? Did you have a cookie bake-off? After all, how am I going to eat 25lbs of baked goods? Office dwellers can graze on this bucket of sugar goods for a month like cattle at a trough. Sure we have a large office here but this is enough to feed an entire division of ground troops for a week. It turned into a heck of a logistical task just giving these things away to the troopers walking through the passageways. One of the tins was bigger than my head. Never one for subtlety (don’t know where she gets that from) I can imagine the smile on my sister’s face when she finds out what an event this turned into… I even found myself “marketing” these things as “fresh-baked”. Which Mr. BUA responded “Have you no shame?”… “Well they were fresh baked at one time or another!” He rolled his eyes and ate the brownie. I will forever remember this as the Baghdad Cookie Incident. Thank you Sisterine! ;-p

No comments: